Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Good news for Good Tidings! Your humble author is recovering from a nasty two-day cold, contracted by overexertion. The weather is still miserably hot, but at least I don't feel like total crap anymore. It's interesting to see how my mood changes with sickness--my normally optimistic self is replaced by a mumbling, grumbling codger. In times like these I ponder the meaning of life--is life happiness punctuated by sadness, or sadness punctuated by happiness? When I am sick I feel the latter, when I am well, the former seems more genuine. But to consider the two options, I must truly say that sadness and pain comprise the fabric of life, although happiness, joy, and love are those fleeting moments that make life worth living. At these times I can only throw up my hands and exclaim, "Where but for the grace of God go I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment